Thanks to Boon Thau Loo and Stefan Sariou for a very interesting workshop on Networking Meets Databases (NetDB), and especially for inviting a high-octane panel to debate the success and directions of Declarative Networking.
The panel members included:
- Fred Baker, Cisco
- Joe Hellerstein, Berkeley
- Eddie Kohler, UCLA and Meraki
- Arvind Krishnamurthy, U Washington
- Petros Maniatis, Intel Research
- Timothy Roscoe, ETH Zurich
Butler Lampson made numerous comments from the audience, and given his insight and stature was viewed by most as something of an additional panelist.
I was happy to see a very vigorous debate! Lots of interesting points made, no punches pulled. My slides are posted here, and include an ad hoc manifesto for how to move forward.